- Limit order: is an order to be executed at a price and quantity that the traders previous set.
- Market order: is an order to be executed from the best price on the market, until all been fulfilled, or the market price reaches Bankruptcy Price, or reaches the maximum changeable price (10% of the current price by default), the rest unfulfilled will be cancelled.
- Trigger Order: To be launched.
Among, limit orders can contain the following properties:
- FOK: Fill Or Kill, it makes sure the limit order is executed or canceled entirely without partial fulfillment;
- IOC: Immediate Or Cancel, it requires under taker module, any unfilled parts of the order will be canceled;
- PostOnly: only for market-making, will be canceled if taker order exists;
- Hidden: Hidden orders, will not show in the order book but will always be charged for taker fee if fulfilled;
- Reduceonly: Only can be underweight, will be canceled the rest parts if the reverse position exists.
The above properties can be overlaid, such as PostOnly + Hidden.
Margin and Leverage
All margin are calculated by BTC. Traders can do short or long strategy by BTC. A certain amount of BTC shall be deposited as margin when a trader open a new or hold a contract position.
- Initial Margin: Initial Margin is the minimum amount of Bitcoin you must deposit to open a position.
- Maintenance Margin: is the minimum amount of Bitcoin you must hold to keep a position open. If your margin balance is below this level your position will be Liquidated.
The BTC amount requirement for Initial Margin and Maintenance Margin is changes with your position, you can refer to Risk Limitation for more information.
The highest leverage FMex offers is up to 100x leverage. Users can adjust the leverage of your position by leverage slider on “Position” of “Trade” page. The higher the leverage is, the less maintenance margin for this position and the easier it can be liquidated.
Isolated and Cross Margin
- Isolated Margin: Under Isolated Margin mode, the margin of this position is the pre-set initial margin, or the margin after leveraged set later. You can adjust the leverage by adjusting the margin or directly add/remove margin to this position under this mode.
- Cross Margin: In this mode, the full amount of funds in the Available Balance are as position margin to avoid liquidations at the most. that. Note: Any Unrealized profit of the current position can not neutralize the Unrealized loss of the other positions, or be used as the initial margin of the new position.
By default all positions on FMex are initially set to “Cross Margin”. Users can adjust the leverage slider on the position controls panel to enable the Isolated Margin.